CLASIC TOUR 3 DAYS 2 NIGTHS FROM UYUNI TO UYUNI OR FINISH IN SAN PEDRO CHILE
We meet at the office and leave from Uyuni in the morning around 10.00 am. And first visit the Train Cemetery where you can see the old rusting locomotives. After this we continue to Colchani Village and witness how the salt is processed and then move onto the salt flats themselves. We will see where the salt has been laced in mounds ready to be transported, the original Playa Blanca salt hotel (we have lunch) and we continue to visit Inca Huasi Island to see the giant cactuses and have great views of the salt flats all around. There will be plenty of time for taking amazing photos if time allows, you might also have the chance to see the sunset on the salt flats (this depends on season and cannot be guaranteed, but is usually possible). After we will continue our trip to San Juan Village where we will spend the night in a hostel partially made of salt. In a double room but shared bathroom (we have dinner)
At 07.30 (right after breakfast) we will visit salar de Chiguana and the Ollague volcano which is semi active. Afterwards we will see some small lakes with different colours where we can observe flamingos. Lunch time! Alter lunch we will drive through the Siloli desert where we will find the tree made out of stone. Next stop is the spectacular Laguna Colorada (red coloured lake) where we can spot 3 different species of flamingos. After visiting Laguna Colorada we will continue our journey to Huayllajara where we will spend the night in a VERY BASIC refuge. We cannot emphasize enough how basic this place is but there are no alternatives apart from the LOT more expensive Tayka Desert Hotel. It can get very cold at night (in the winter –15 degrees Celsius!). (we have dinner)
Today very early at 05.30 am we will visit the geysers of Sol de Mañana and we can take a bath in the hot springs of Polques (the temperature of the water is approx. 37 degrees Celsius). After this relaxing bath we will have breakfast and we will continue our trip to the desert of Salvador Dali where we can enjoy the view of surreal landscapes. From there on we will go on to Laguna Verde, although Laguna Verde is not that green early in the morning. We are really close to the Chilean border now. People travelling onwards to San Pedro de Atacama (Chile) will take transport from here to San Pedro (around 09.30 AM but subject to change) by either public bus. The public bus will arrive in San Pedro around 12.00 / 12.30. The people returning to Uyuni will take the same way back, we have lunch in Villa Mar village we continue to San Cristobal with its picturesque colonial church. We will be back in Uyuni around 17.30. perfectly on time if having a late flight or an overnight bus back to La Paz.
- Transportación in TOYOTA or NISSAN PATROL 4×4
- Spanish-speaking guide (also we have English guides but with a different price) depending on availability)
- Meals during the tour with vegetarian option (take extra snacks as food can be quite plain)
- 1 night accommodation in a salt hotel (double/triple/quadruple rooms, with shared bathroom- depends on availability)
- 2 night accommodation in basic hostel (shared dorm with shared bathroom)
- Oxygen tank
- Transport to Uyuni
- Sleeping bags (can be rented the morning of the tour during the check-in for 30 Bs per person)
- Entrance fees – 30 Bs for the Incahuasi Island, 150 Bs for the National Park, 10 Bs. Hot shower and 6 Bs for the hot springs (subject to change).
- 70 Bs. Transfer to Chile
- 150 Bs. Per person per night if you take private rooms with a shared bathroom
- Water – we recommend you purchase 2 liters per person to take with you also you can buy on the route
- Breakfast on first day, dinner on last day
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Additional snacks and beverages
- Torch – recommended
• This tour starts in Uyuni and DOES NOT include the cost of transport for getting there. We can arrange flights, buses and trains for getting to Uyuni –
• Low season / high season – The price is the low season price and some years around July / August prices can rise for “high season”. We only know when this will happen and by how much when it actually happens and usually it is with just a couple of days notice. This is because it is the decision of the drivers union in Uyuni and not of the operators. The price rise is usually around 20$ more but we cannot know for sure until the time.
• Private tours – In order to do this tour as a private tour you would have to pay for 6 people regardless of how many of you there are (this way you are paying for the 6 seats of the car and will have a car just for you). In addition to this, when booking please also write down in the Further Details section that you want a private tour.
• Accommodation – The accommodation for the first night will be in double/triple rooms in a salt hotel, with shared bathroom (private rooms with a private bathroom – depends on availability with an extra cost) and hot water shower, the first nigth 24 hours electricity. The second night will be in a basic refuge and whenever possible (usually is the case) the 6 people of your group will share the same room. There will be a shared toilet but no shower. We recommend you take a sleeping bag to use in addition to the provided blankets in the accommodations – this can be rented on the morning your tour departs.
• Rainy season – Please note that during the rainy season (usually from January to May) the Incahuasi Island and the salt hotel might not be reachable if the salt flats are covered in water. We cannot know this in advance. In case the salt hotel is not reachable, you will spend the first night in a regular accommodation with shared bathroom (and not made of salt).
• Luggage – Bags are normally stored on top of the car, but the space will be limited and if there are people who will finish their tour in Chile in your group, for obvious reasons they will have the priority. This means that it might be not possible for you to take all your stuff on the tour, and in this case you will have to leave part of your luggage at SALTY DESERT office and will collect it when you get back from the tour. We recommend you have your luggage ready (in order to take things out easily etc.) should this be necessary.
• Group size – Up to 6 customers per car. Usually SALTY DESERT arrange two cars going together: in one car 6 people + 1 driver (not English-speaking), in the other car 5 people + 1 driver + 1 English-speaking guide. The cars will do the tour together and the guide will give an explanation to both groups every time the cars stop.
• Health and safety – These tours visit very remote areas that have very limited facilities. If you are ill there are not medical facilities other than Uyuni town and even these are basic. If things go wrong you are faced with the reality of travel in a remote area of a developing country. The salt flats tours travel to altitude of around 5000 meters so the majority of people will feel some effects for altitude sickness. We recommend that you should be acclimatized to above 3000 meters before going on these tours and that you take headache tablets, “sorocche” (local word for altitude sickness) tablets and any other medications that you may require.
• Important – For safety all the Cars are in a good conditions and have the seat belts.
MAKE YOUR BOOKING AND GET THE CONFIRMATION
SENDING THE DETAILS LIKE YOUR NAME, NATIONALITY, PASSPORT NUMBER AND ABOUT THE TRANSPORT TO UYUNI.